I'd ask how this happened, but I know EXACTLY how this happened.
1) I start a thing! Good job me!
2) It is late in the day when I start the thing, bad choice me. I get a good chunk of the way into the thing, and then I decide to Go To Sleep. Good job me!
OPTIONAL STEP 2A) I go back to work on the thing! Yay! Good job me! And then I decide to Go To Sleep because it is always late in the day when I start writing things! Questionable choices, me!
3) I want to work on the thing, but it is late in the day and I am too tired to do this draft the justice it deserves, so I go back to step 1 and this cycle starts again.
This has a very simple solution, which is "Don't wait until arse o'clock to start writing," but also if I have time during the day to write I try to prioritise ladybusiness
stuff because that is more important. Basically, my problem is, as always, time management and motivation, who knew.
BUT, THINGS I HAVE FOUND WHILE MAKING THE SPREADSHEET THAT INFORMED ME THAT I HAVE 103 WIPS:
- I have a file just labelled "Steve and Tony and naps" and this was not the adorable cuddle pile that I was hoping for.
- (Having a consistent file-naming scheme is THE BEST PLAN EVER and I wholeheartedly endorse it. Mine is super simple! It's either "Fic - [Fandom] - ["Helpful" description of contents]" or "LB - [Type of post] - [Title of whatever I'm talking about]" IT IS REALLY HELPFUL.)
- I still have a Ronan/Gansey fic in progress because "sex like war on the hood of the Pig" is the best description I have ever written.
- I am 100% here for "My brother is an assassin/mercenary on the run from his former organisation and I am smarter than him and not here for his protective nonsense" just going by the fact that there are MULTIPLE FICS with this trope on my list. Any recs?
- AvAc!Loki being bad at people is my favourite thing to write about.
- (I AM DISTRESSINGLY INTO LOKI/UNION JACK WHERE UNION JACK IS GOING INTO THIS WITH HIS EYES OPEN AND LOKI HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S GETTING INTO. HELP.)
- WHY IS ALL OF THIS MADOKA MAGICA DISTRESSING AND SAD. WHY CAN HOMURA NOT JUST HAVE NICE THINGS.)
- (I have so much Final Fantasy fic in all of renay's pairings, guys, you don't even know how much, or rather you do, the answer is nine, ten depending on how she feels about Paine/Rikku. *cracks knuckles*)
- "I don't write that many crossovers," I tell myself, completely ignoring the fact that I will cross any fandom into Shadowrun if you leave me alone long enough and also my preferred form of "Everybody lives" AU is "They wouldn't die even if you killed them" which means Baccano crossover. Also ignoring the One Piece/Madoka Magica crossover because I STILL don't know what happened there.
- I apparently have plans for a visual novel just labelled "Timetravelling lesbians vs serial killers". THOUGHT YOU OUGHT TO KNOW.
- How recursive is it to write in-universe fanfic for one of the shows in Skip Beat? Asking for a friend.
- I am a terrible person who doesn't want Nathan Drake to have a nice day, just going by this list. BLESS HIS HEART.