The official announcement has gone up, my twitter feed is a beautiful meltdown of excited screaming (and that's just my friends, don't get started on my feed), so now I can ACTUALLY SHARE THIS NEWS:LADY BUSINESS IS UP FOR A HUGO!
THAT BLOG I WRITE FOR.
UP FOR A HUGO.
I am so stoked, you don't even know, like, "squeaked so loudly that an entire pub turned to look at me" "hard to track twitter and write this post because all I want to do is vibrate with excitement because GUYS WE ARE UP FOR A HUGO"! My mum is also the most stoked I have ever seen her, my twitter feed exploded, Slack was full of nothing but screaming -- guys, I am crying. ;_;
1) I agree entirely with that post on feministponies
, I think it's a good summary of why this is a weird year to be a finalist, but also WE ARE REALLY PROUD TO BE THERE.</a>
2) PEOPLE LIKE US. LIKE. HOLY SHIT, PEOPLE LIKE US ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY VOTE FOR US.
Thank you amazing internet people!
3) LOOK AT MY AMAZING FRIENDS HAVING THEIR GENIUS RECOGNISED, LOOK AT THEM! *basks*
4) Look at how many ladies and genderqueer people and queers are suddenly on this list, that is fucking MAGICAL.
5) I realised a thing the other day and cried for like half an hour, but -- I made my peace last year with the fact that I would never know what my dad would think of any of my life choices or my accomplishments, but THIS. THIS</em> I know without a shadow of a doubt he would be proud of, and that means more to me that I can explain?
6) I really really need to up my game
because I feel like I've been given my dessert before I've earned it, and the only way to solve this is to write like I'm running out of time. >) *gets back to work on the like six posts I've had on the go for months*
BASICALLY I AM PROUD OF EVERYONE AT LADY BUSINESS, BECAUSE LOOK AT WHERE WE ARE
LOOK AT WHERE WE STARTED
THE FACT THAT WE'RE ALIVE IS A -- No, wait.
(I LOVE EVERYONE, OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THIS AMAZING TEAM, LOOK AT IT, AND ADMIRE THE FUCK OUT OF IT BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING!)