Hey guys! I've been alternating between MASSIVE SCREAMING AB-DABS OF DRAMA AND TEARS and OMG MY LIFE IS THE BEST LIFE EVER AND I LOVE ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND THE TOWNS THAT I SPLIT MY LIFE OVER this month. I apologise to anyone who has been following me on twitter and got whiplash.
(Also I haven't been on my tumblr dashboard since... Hannibal episode 10? Because I got behind, and I knew there'd be mad spoilers, and I HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP ON HANNIBAL YET. I SHOULD DO THAT.)
But yeah, the general conclusion seems to be that I hate my job and should quit rather than constantly bitching, which is weird and novel and my resistance to the idea that not being happy
is a good enough reason to quit a job was that I was talking to my Mum about how this job makes me miserable and cry and her advice was that I keep the job because it gives me money and I just stop talking about how miserable it makes me. YOU WONDER WHERE I GET IT FROM. I have been trying to stop whinging on twitter - now whenever I want to bitch about my job I try to tweet about something awesome instead! :D
Um... What else has been happening?
- I have UTTERLY FAILED AS AN EDITOR in getting Under Other Skies out on time, but it is going out this week if it FUCKING KILLS ME.
- I have a godbaby! The christening was yesterday, we had a party, and now I officially have a godbaby called David. He is adorable and has a curly mohawk. ♥
- I have a job interview today! I... Can't actually muster the care to panic about it? I know I'm not going to get the job, so I'm just trying to look at it as "Ooh, more interview experience!" and then move on with my life.
- I'm getting married next year! On the 11th of March! Lex and I will be having a teeny-tiny wedding that will be streamed so people can watch it!
- Speaking of Lex - his contract at his current job got renewed! THIS IS KINDA AWESOME BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO MOVE HOUSE RIGHT NOW! :D :D :D
And... That's pretty much everything? Maybe? Apart from "Oh god, oh god, I have been in online fandom for nearly a decade, this a weird and terrifying idea to me."